PSA: Updating to the latest AMD Adrenaline 18.12.2 driver might cause >= 1 of pool drives to be invisible to OS. Restart PC to fix

jdrch

Question

I have a SSD + 4 HDD DrivePool installed on a PC that also has an AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition graphics card. Last night, I updated the drivers for the latter and, after the requisite reboot, was informed by DrivePool that the largest drive (500 GB) had been removed from the pool. I thought that was odd because that drive is connected via SATA and drives don't typically just vanish like that. However, I couldn't find it in CrystalDiskInfo or Disk Manager, either. Since I was tired at the time and the drive doesn't house any critical data, I decided to wait until today to address it.

This morning I decided to try a reboot to see how things worked and lo and behold, the drive reappeared as if nothing happened.

So just a heads up in case you experience the same: reboot (not shutdown and then start up) 1st and see if that works.

1 answer to this question