Drivepool, Scanner and Cloud drive demanding I transfer their licences after install of KB4471324

Woody

Question

Have just logged into W10 (prof) PC, after it has rebooted on install of KB4471324.

Drivepool, Scanner and Cloud Drive now all give me an error dialogue that my "licence needs to be transferred to this computer". 

I don't want to hit the transfer button, because it is the same computer and same OS. The only difference being the install of this months MS Security Bulletin: KB4471324

How best should I proceed?

Thanks,
Woody.

9 answers to this question

I just installed the same update (KB4471324) on W10 pro, but it did not cause a license transfer dialog. Did you install this update only?
I got this dialog several times, but it was always caused by a bios version update (automatically applied by HP support assistant).
However, I think you can hit the button without worries. It will reactivate the license.

32 minutes ago, Viktor said:

I just installed the same update (KB4471324) on W10 pro, but it did not cause a license transfer dialog. Did you install this update only?
I got this dialog several times, but it was always caused by a bios version update (automatically applied by HP support assistant).
However, I think you can hit the button without worries. It will reactivate the license.

Thanks Viktor - really appreciate you fast response.

No, no other installs or changes other than the December Microsoft Malicious Software Tool update and MS AV signatures.

So I told Drivepool and Cloud Drive to transfer the licence - and that worked, but Scanner complains that the background service failed to start.

Checking event viewer, for Scanner, I have had these errors since install of KB4471324:

Error report file saved to:

C:\ProgramData\StableBit Scanner\Service\ErrorReports\ErrorReport_2018_12_13-10_02_51.0.saencryptedreport

Exception:

System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid namespace 
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
   at ScannerServiceLib.Disks.#bFc()
   at ScannerServiceLib.Disks.Create()
   at ScannerServiceLib.Main._Closure$__.#qpf()
   at CoveUtil.ReportingAction.Run(Action TheDangerousAction, Func`2 ErrorReportExceptionFilter)

and accompanying it:

Error report file saved to:

C:\ProgramData\StableBit Scanner\Service\ErrorReports\ErrorReport_2018_12_13-10_02_54.8.saencryptedreport

Exception:

CoveTroubleshooting.Reporter+ReporterLogException: {reporter_exception}
   at CoveTroubleshooting.Reporter.ThrowLogReportN(Exception TheException, Object[] TheParams)
   at CoveUtil.ErrorReporting..(Exception )

This device is an HP ProLiant Microserver N40L which has Realtek sound. However, ever since KB4471324 W10 can no longer detect the Realtek chip and I guess that Drivepool and Cloud drive were therefore seeing this server as a different/new device from a licencing perspective.

As an aside, Emby also crashes - so KB4471324 is looking like the biggest culprit :-)

I too am having this issue on Server 2012 R2. I installed - Security and Quality Rollup updates for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows 8.1, RT 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 (KB 4471989) on 12/15.

Should I uninstall the .NET update or xfer the license. I have a two system license and I'd hate to have my other system loose it's license.

Right, I have sussed it - and am now back up and everthing (including Drive Scanner) is working fine.

I discovered that the Drive Scanner Service was throwing WMI Namespace errors which wmimgmt.msc was throwing up as: win32_operatingsystem: wmi invalid class

Fixed by following steps 1 - 4 here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ed26d46-9994-4052-a307-5b071805aea8/wmi-corrupt-how-to-reinstallrepair?forum=winservergen