Striping data across CloudDrives to achieve faster uploads

vashp2029

Question

I googled and searched the forums for something similar but haven't seen it so I hope this is the proper place to ask: is it possible to have DrivePool and CloudDrive integrate even more in the near future so that a pool composed of CloudDrives will allow splitting a single file's chunks across different CloudDrives? The main purpose would be to achieve higher than 75 mbps uploads by being able to upload to multiple GDrive accounts simultaneously, but there's the added benefit of further privacy because none of the accounts would contain a complete file (although this is a bit of a reach since a fully encrypted drive doesn't leave much reason to further secure anything).

Just as an example, I'm rebuilding my Plex library and I have access to 3 GDrive Suite accounts that I can split the data between. Normally, as a new file is uploaded, the entire file is pushed to one account (assuming no duplication). Since I have to limit uploads to 75 mbps, it creates a bit of a bottleneck on my VPS which means I have to pause further downloads and other space-intensive applications until CloudDrive is able to make some room by finishing some amount of the upload. If CloudDrive was able to split a single file between two accounts (half of the chunks on one drive, half on another), it would double the rate at which we could upload.

1 answer to this question

Nope. Not really. 

StableBit DrivePool deals with files directly.  Duplicated data is written to all destination drives in parallel, because it writes out whole files.

The only way to change that would be to go to a block level storage pooling solution.  This is what stuff like Storage Spaces does.