CloudDrive deleted file

Bazzu85

Question

4 answers to this question

The CloudDrive disk acts just like a normal, physical disk. 

So if you "recycle" it, it does go to the recycle bin.  If you delete it (shift+del, delete it via a network share, etc), then it's gone.

Though, because of how the disk works, you could actually run data recovery on the drive and potentially get the data back

9 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

The CloudDrive disk acts just like a normal, physical disk. 

So if you "recycle" it, it does go to the recycle bin.  If you delete it (shift+del, delete it via a network share, etc), then it's gone.

Though, because of how the disk works, you could actually run data recovery on the drive and potentially get the data back

thx for the reply..

So this is not the product I'm looking for..

I actually use rclone to backup my data..and all delete data from source are moved in specific directories on destination..

On 12/4/2018 at 6:28 AM, Bazzu85 said:

thx for the reply..

So this is not the product I'm looking for..

I actually use rclone to backup my data..and all delete data from source are moved in specific directories on destination..

CloudDrive is not sync software like rClone. It is a virtual drive. Though they can be used to accomplish similar things, this is a very important distinction. You could use some sort of backup tool on top of CloudDrive to easily accomplish the same thing, but the concept of a "source" and a "destination" really has no relevance with CloudDrive. CloudDrive simply *is* the destination. There is no local copy of the data (outside of the cache) unless you want to set up some sort of cloning or sync software to provide one. Once the data is on your CloudDrive drive you can do anything with it that you could do if it was on a physical hard drive, so you could easily use a tool to copy data from a local directory to the server and leave it there even if you delete it locally--if that's what I'm understanding your desire is here. As Christopher mentioned above, you can even use data recovery on the drive just like a physical disk if you were to *accidently* delete something from the CloudDrive drive--which is something that *cannot* be done with a file-based solution like rClone. 

But as far as what happens to the data on the drive relative to some local copy, that's entirely up to you. CloudDrive doesn't operate based on interacting with actual copies of individual files stored on your cloud storage, so it doesn't really know or care what you do with those files. All it does is whatever you tell it to do, just like your hard drive. If you want redundancy or deletion protection, any tool that provides such features on a physical drive can easily be used to do the same for a CloudDrive drive.