IBM M1015 not reading smart

Abula

Hi,

I been an Stablebitt Scanner/drivepool user for more than 4 years, and been extremely happy with it.  Sadly about six months ago i had an issue with windows and lost the array (all info is intact just need to rebuild) WHS2011 + 2.2.0.906 issue

Recently i decided to completely rebuild the array and expand it more, so new OS disk and did a clean install of WHS2011 and installed all 20x 8tb hdds, did all the windows updates and then downloaded the newest releases StableBit.Scanner_2.5.4.3216_Release.exe and StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.2.934_x64_Release.exe, everything is working fine, im almost done, but i encounter again a issue that i had when i did my first install, IBM M1015 + Seagate ST4000DM000, where i cant see the temperatures from the drives connected to the IBM1015, that was solved in my old post.

Upon searching the forums before posting, found the following recommendations that i tried,

"Smart" section and check the "NoWmi" option.  = I click the NoWmi, and pressed ok on the window, and then rebooted, still no smart data.

Then click  "Unsafe" option in DirectIo =  This did work, i can see temperatures again on the scanner and most smart data =)

Im just wondering do i leave the NoWmi checked with the Unsafe or  Uncheck the NoWmi and just leave the Unsafe checked?

Thanks,

Thanks Christopher, i unchecked the NoWMI and left the Unsafe on, and still reading the smart info.

I encounter another issue, for some reason that i don't know the scanner is crashing while scanning, happen the first night, but i though it tried to scan while the disk were slowly formatted, so i disable the automatic scanning, waited for the formats of the 20 disk to finish, and restart the computer, last night i manually started the scanner, all went fine, but when i wake up to check (around 7 hours later) the scanner had crashed (freeze), the good thing is the crash seems local, only to the scanner, other things remain functional and continue, its like it gets frozen and simply don't do anything.  Is there any data log files or something to see what could be causing this crash?

Thanks Chirstopher for the reply.

I been testing the past week, each day before going to work i would log into the WHS2011 server and check the scanner, and almost all days it the screen/ui is frozen, its like its part of the background or the wallpaper, nothing is clickable, so each day i rebooted the server and the start the scanner manually so it continues scanning all the new drives before i migrate all the data.

Three days ago i decided to leave it frozen, i still had 4 hdd on each HBA to be scanned, to see if the scanner was or not continuing scanning, and today i logged in the server, and its already on the last drive on each HBA, so the UI or the window of the scanner is what its freezing, windows itself and all process remain functional, and i would say even the scanner just its window freezes or gets unresponsive.

Do you still recommend to upload the troubleshooter? i have 5 dumps on the scanner_service32 that i have been saving each day before i restarted the server.  Or maybe any other service/process you wish me to create the dump?  

Thanks for your time,

Well, if you could create a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact and then run the StableBit Troubleshooter when the UI is frozen:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

Also, before doing that, make sure you're on the latest version of StableBit Scanner.http://dl.covecube.com/ScannerWindows/beta/download/StableBit.Scanner_2.5.4.3220_BETA.exe