Re-add drive to pool

ars3nic

Question

Hey all,

I thought I had a pooled drive die completely, so I removed it from the pool and let the pool rebalance.  I then determined that it was just a SATA controller that died, so I was going to just re-add that disk to the pool, but now there's 1.4TB of data on it that's already been balanced off.  If I re-add it to the pool, can I make DrivePool realize that it's got a bunch of 'extra' duplicates and automatically remove them from drives as needed?  Or will I end up having 1.4TB of "Other" taking up space?  Because if so, I'll just format this drive before re-adding it.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Remeasure the pool.  That should fix it.

If not, check for "found.###" folders on each drive. 

Remeasured once and "Other" went up to 933GB, re-measured again to test and it stayed at 933GB -- but I haven't added/deleted anything more than a few hundred MB from the pool since I initially removed the drive from the pool.

There are no 'found' folders on any of the 9 drives in the pool.

Thanks,

-ars3nic

50 minutes ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Try running WinDirStat or the like on the drive in question.  Make sure that all of the data is in the "PoolPart.xxxxx" folder.  If it's not, then that's why the other data exists. 

Also, it may be worth checking for any "found.xxx" folders on the drives in question. 

Yes, all of the data on every drive is contained within the PoolPart folder on the drive.  There are no "found.xxx" folders on any of the drives.