Feature Suggestion: One way duplication / parity

red

Question

This is a common warning for me:

T5ZadD.png

It happens because I point Plex to the LocalPool, which is a part of HybridPool, that just functions as local data into cloud duplication. This way I can use all my physical drives to 100%, and if something breaks, I can then grab it from cloud. I suppose could do this by ridding myself with HybridPool and just RSYNcin data daily from LocalPool to the CloudDrive, but I just love well DrivePool handles this 99.9% of the time without my intervention.

So for the suggestion:

1) It would be awesome to have a setting that would always let me overwrite the cloud data with local data if the file parts differ and local time modified for the file is newer. Even doubly so if there could be a flag to only enable this for files smaller than X megabytes.

or

2) A setting to mark certain drive in drivepool to be a slave of sorts. Data from slave is never pushed to other drives unless the user manually triggers "duplicate from slave". All other data is pushed to the slave volume normally. This would let users put some things in the slave disk that they never want to store locally, without having to do folder by folde rules and have the duplication throw a fitz because things can't be duplicated, as they are not allowed on disk X ever.

6 answers to this question

For the problem, it's due pointing Plex to localpools poopart/plexstuff folder. Using it in unintended way I know.Which is why the suggestion so I could just point it directly pooldrive:/plexstuff while having Drivepool duplicate pooldrive to cloud on the side. If I point plex to the combined hybridpool, the speeds take a hit (I have open issue on this but haven't been able to dedicate time to gather proper logs etc). A feature like htis would make the issue moot too, though.

Yes. Just in case I'll clarify what my suggestion meant:

I point Plex there to have all reads always 100% from localpool, and anything that's only in cloud shouldn't be visible, while having the localpool duplicated as is to clouddrive. I'd love for a "non-hacky" way to achieve similar; So, a slave parity disk in a pool that is never read from.

In theory, StableBit DrivePool differentiates the types of disks, and should avoid reading from CloudDrive disks in favor of local disks. 

* [D] [Issue #27655] When a file is opened, each open context is given a priority. Read striping will always work over the highest 
                     available priority class. 
                     Priority classes from lowest to highest are:
                        - CloudDrive, CloudPool, LocalExternalDrive, NonCloudPool, StandardDrive

Certain things like directory enumeration will still happen on both disks (pinning directories is a good idea), but it should primarily read from the local disk/local pool over the cloud.

To briefly return to this topic: if I set Plex to read from HybridPool, the scanning of my library takes well over 2 hours. If I only point Plex to LocalPool, it's over in a couple of minutes. So something is causing the drive to let Plex chug via CloudDrive instead of just getting it done fast via LocalPool, maybe the amount of read requests Plex is generating? Any ideas how I could debug why it's doing so?