Duplicate CloudDrives across GSuite Accounts?

Lex

Question

I suspect the answer is 'No', but have to ask to know:

I have multiple gsuite accounts and would like to use duplication across, say, three gdrives. The first gdrive is populated already by CloudDrive. Normally you would just add two more CloudDrives, create a new DrivePool pool with all three, turn on 3X duplication and DrivePool would download from the first and reupload to the second and third CloudDrives. No problem.

If I wanted to do this more quickly, and avoid the local upload/download, would it be possible to simply copy the existing CloudDrive folder from gdrive1 to gdrive2 and 3 using a tool like rclone, and then to attach gdrive2/3 to the new pool?  In this case using a GCE instance at 600MB/s.  Limited of course by the 750GB/day/account. And for safety I would temporarily detach the first cloud drive during the copy, to avoid mismatched chunks.

2 answers to this question

With that approach you would create clones of your gdrive. They would all have the same global unique identifier (guid) and I doubt that you can attach them at the same machine simultaneously. The question is also, which tool you would use and where it would run. If you run rclone on a local machine it would still up- and download everything. Better would be an online service like MultCloud, which could sync data between multiple Gsuite accounts.