Folder Duplication Tree not showing up

Cimmeris

Question

Hi, I have a problem with DrivePool. Recently I mistakenly enabled the Pool file duplication option and now DrivePool is trying to duplicate the whole pool. There seems no way for me to disable this option. If I click on the same option again, it still asks me if I want to enable duplication. I'm also unable to use the Folder Duplication dialog. The folder tree just does not show up. The same tree used in Balancing -> File Placement is also not loading. Below I have included a screenshot of how my Folder Duplication dialog looks like:

folderTreeNotShowing.PNG.76c35d4cdabf05bd59ad9a38bf3cfeca.PNG

4 answers to this question

Is the colored bar across the bottom of Drivepool indicating it's trying to balance/duplicate?  Have you tried clicking the small "x" to the right to cancel the operation?

If you enabled pool duplication, and it ran for a while, then you disabled it..  Drivepool still has to re-measure and then do cleanup to revert it back.  Since it's out of sync due to the enable/disable, it's probably unable to gather duplication stats, which is why those folder trees aren't working currently.

What I'd do is make sure pool duplication is disabled, then go stop the Drivepool service, and re-start it again.  Head back into Drivepool and see if it's busy trying to do cleanup.  If not, click the gear in the upper-right, choose Troubleshooting, then "Recheck duplication..".  When it's done with that and any work is has to do with cleanup, you may want to do a manual re-measure, and re-verify pool duplication is off.

The bottom bar indicated a duplication that I canceled several times. This stopped the duplication until a reboot, but didn't help me to disable duplication.  I also performed re-measures, which also did not help.

However, my problem just got resolved, because the tree reappeared. Interestlingy suddenly a green "2x" label appeared next to the pie chart and the "Pool file duplication.." gave me the option to disable the duplication instead of enabling it.

Seems that somehow I got into a state where Drivepool already duplicated the data, while the UI part of the application did not know that duplication was activated.