Implement the use of team drives / service accounts to surpass 750 GB Gsuite Biz upload limit?

Soaringswine

Question

9 answers to this question

To add on this, keep in mind that team drives have a hard limit of 400,000 files or folders and can only be nested to 20 layers of directories. I don't think the 20 layer limit would affect CloudDrive much, but the 400,000 file limit would cause issues as your drive grows, I'd imagine.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:01 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

then get multiple accounts, create multiple drives, and pool them together.  

Can you expand on this statement, specifically on the "pool them together"? Creating multiple accounts is not a problem, and the ability to upload more than 750 gb/day for not a large increase in my cost with more gsuite accounts is VERY appealing. 

11 hours ago, Cekkent said:

Can you expand on this statement, specifically on the "pool them together"? Creating multiple accounts is not a problem, and the ability to upload more than 750 gb/day for not a large increase in my cost with more gsuite accounts is VERY appealing. 

Pretty sure what Christopher meant was to get a copy of Stablebit Drivepool, so you can take multiple Clouddrive drives and combine them into a single larger volume.  It makes multiple disks look like one larger disk, and works seamlessly with Clouddrive.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:08 AM, Jaga said:

Pretty sure what Christopher meant was to get a copy of Stablebit Drivepool, so you can take multiple Clouddrive drives and combine them into a single larger volume.  It makes multiple disks look like one larger disk, and works seamlessly with Clouddrive.

Just updating to say that this works extremely well. I've uploaded almost 35 TB in 8 1/2 days with no issues. This is great software.