Cloud acces with diffrent licenses

PoolBoy

Question

Can all PCs with a valid  license access (read/write) the same data stored in the cloud?
Or is the data in some way locked to the license that created it?

Is it possible to setup read only access?

Finally is browser access possible? I'm aware everything is encrypted but perhaps with a browser plugin. It could be handy to download a few files to my phone during travel.

5 answers to this question

14 hours ago, PoolBoy said:

Can all PCs with a valid  license access (read/write) the same data stored in the cloud?

Nope.  Two computers can't access/manage the same cloud drive at the same time.  But what you can do is detatch the cloud drive from one computer, then attach it to the other and use it there. Using the same cloud drive settings on both computers ensures you won't run into problems with the process.

Don't know about read-only access, perhaps someone else has the answer.  I wouldn't think so, since the cache on the local PC side is a read/write cache.  See Christopher's sage advice instead of my ham-fisted attempt...

There's no browser access possible, due to the way Clouddrive stores the disk in chunks.

13 hours ago, PoolBoy said:

As long as they have access to the account and files on it, and the drive isn't mounted already, then any system can access it. Even with different licenses. 

Yes: https://stablebit.com/Support/CloudDrive/Manual?Section=Setting your Drive as Read-Only

Finally is browser access possible? I'm aware everything is encrypted but perhaps with a browser plugin. It could be handy to download a few files to my phone during travel.

Not at this point, no. Sorry. 

On 8/20/2018 at 2:12 AM, PoolBoy said:

I just network share the CloudDrive from the host (which is a 24/7 server), then all my other systems on the local network can read/write to it. Every machine on my network is connected to gigabit ethernet, so I don't really have a noticeable drop in performance doing this. I also have gigabit upload and download through my ISP. For mobile access, I have my home network on an Asus router with built-in VPN functionality running an openVPN host on it. I connect to it using openVPN on my Android phone and use Solid Explorer to mount the network share (having gigabit upload really helps here). MX Player with the custom codec available on the XDA forums allows me to directly play just about any media on my CloudDrive, bypassing Plex entirely.