Why won't Cloud Drive start on my server?

pedges

Question

Edit: I let it run overnight and now it is up and running! Sorry for the false alarm.

I'm running Cloud Drive on Windows 10 and after an unexpected shutdown (lost power), I can't get the drives back up and running. It just pops up and says "Starting Services" with an increasing amount of time.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the only UI I get is that window. I don't have an option to reset or anything.

Am I going to lose all the data on my drives, and how can I prevent this in the future?

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

open task manager, go to services and find the service 'CloudDriveService' , it is probably 'Stopped'.

Rightclick and choose start, that should fix the issue.

If you get the message that it is disabled, press 'Open Services' on the bottom of the task manager window, then find 'StableBit CloudDrive Service' and open its properties.

Here make sure it is set to 'Automatic' instead of Disabled/Manual - then try to start it again.

If that also fails i'm not sure but you could try look in the service log to see if there is any reported issues.

19 hours ago, pedges said:

Am I going to lose all the data on my drives, and how can I prevent this in the future?

As long as the encryption key (if the drives are encrypted) is stored somewhere safe, you won't lose data.

Do make sure to not delete or modify any files in the clouddrive folders on whichever provider the drives are stored on