Bootup problem

tcash19

Question

I have DrivePool installed on two PCs.  A WHS2011, and a Windows 7 pc.  The WHS2011 copy is working fine but when I reboot the Win7 PC DP creates another pool with one of the existing drives.

The Win7 pc has 4 drives + CD.  The boot drive is SSD and is not in any DP configuration.  Drive D (3TB), E(2TB) and F (3TB) are in pool as drive G.  Drives D & E also have some non-pooled data; Drive F is entirely dedicated to the pool.

When the pc boots up, DP says that drive D is missing, but what really happens is that DP creates a pool for Drive H and uses drive D for that - thus drive D is missing for pool G.  Pool drive H has one empty folder in it: My Pictures.  Interesting note is that the 'PoolPart.*' folder for the newly created pool H has the old timestamp on it and the old 'PoolPart.*' folder has the current timestamp.

To correct the problem, I go into DP and remove drive D from the second pool (H) and then DP finds D available for the original pool (G).  I don't reboot that often and would not swear that it happens every time, but I believe that it does.  No data is lost, as far as I have observed.

Just in case it means anything - drive H is normally mapped to a share on the WHS2011 pc, but not the pool created by DP there.

H E L P ! !

---

Ted

1 answer to this question

Ted,

Could you install the newest beta build and see if that helps? 

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/

(2.1.0.440 as of today)

If that doesn't help, click on the gear in the UI, and click on the "Troubleshooting" entry. Then click on the "Enable boot time logging". Enable it, and then reboot. 

Once that is done rebooting, go back to the same section, and click on the link and upload the files. Use the following link to upload the files (there is a widget at the bottom of the page)

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection