Fixed an issue, but now have a question. Was getting "Drive cannot be mounted. Error: The folder that contains the cloud drive's data is missing from the provider"

swassglass

Question

I noticed this last night after my power went out for a second during a storm. Clouddrive would not connect to my drive and has the following error with the Retry, Reauthorize, Destroy options.
"There was an error communicating with the storage provider. The folder that contains the drive's data is missing from the provider (CloudPart-4.....)

I think it was because I renamed the CloudDrive folder on my Google drive to "XXX's CloudDrive" right after I created it (which was working fine for a week). When I tried Reauthorizing it would create a new folder every time called "StableBit CloudDrive" so I simply changed my "XXX's CloudDrive" to "StableBit CloudDrive" and that SEEMS to have fixed the issue. I am still waiting for the "recovering" to finish, but I couldn't get this far before. 
Update: Still Recovering an hour later. Drive is 50TB, but only 1.5TB is being used. 
Update 2: Rebooted and got 3 hours of "Starting Service" before I decided to reboot again
Update 3: Had to do a repair in Windows for the application, but now it works after a reboot. 

Now my question, is it possible to have custom named folders in Google Drive without breaking CloudDrive? I have a few different Encrypted folders and I had them all named something different to help keep them sorted. 

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Ah, yeah... renaming the folder on the provider would do that. :(

And no, we don't support a custom path on the provider.

Thanks for the answer. Is there any harm in having 3 folders on the provider all named "StableBit Clouddrive" that are coming from 3 different computers with 3 different encryption keys?