Disk Space Equalizer + File Placement

wildfireajs

Question

Okay, this has been driving me crazy. I created an account on here just so I could ask this question. Here is what I want to do: 

I want my files to balance between my drives equally - as much as possible. I'm not certain what the difference is between "by free space remaining" vs "by the percent used," but that's not my main crux. 

I want to use File Placement rules to ensure certain folders stay on SSD. This is basically certain games I'm currently playing. I have File Placement rules set to move those to an SSD. Great, that works. After that, though, the balancer immediately moves those same files back off the SSD. It doesn't make any sense. My understanding is that after I disabled "File placement rules respect real-time file placement limits..." that it should not move those files. I even tried unchecking everything but "Balancing plug-ins respect file placement rules." It still removes the files from the SSD. 

I want the File Placement files to always stay on the drive I tell it to unless the drive is failing. If Scanner says the drive is failing that's the only reason I want the files to move and I cannot get it to do that. 

Literally any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Uncheck the "File placement rules respect real-time file placement limits set by the balancing plug-ins" and "Unless the drive is being emptied" options on the main balancer settings page:
https://stablebit.com/Support/DrivePool/2.X/Manual?Section=Balancing Settings#File Placement Settings