Damaged Drive

DOS76

Question

I recently found a drive that has 4 bad blocks consisting or 112 bad sectors with a really small amount of disk size actually listed as unreadable. I ran the process to recover the files and they all comeback partially recovered.

758959370_Scannerreport.thumb.png.e307fdd951c16de5b9c3eaf9b8b96b3f.png

So I'm hoping that one of the other drives on my drivepool has those 5 files fully in tact but how would I go about making sure I have 2 good versions of the files instead of what I have now and with so few bad sectors on a 4TB drive should I stop using it? Basically now the drive is labeled as damage how should I proceed. If I ran the scan and they come back partially recover should I run it again or is that just a waste of time?

5 answers to this question

Okay I ran a chkdsk /r on the disk and it ran successfully  said it move the bad sectors to the bad sector folder or something like that then I scanned the disk and it still comes back as damaged. Is that typical for some reason I thought once Windows marked those sectors as unusable that the disk would be seen as okay again. I'd really hate to have to stop using the disc because 52kb out of 4TB has bad sectors

Actually after running the file scan Scanner came back as no files were damaged so I marked unreadable as unchecked and then marked unchecked as good and everything is good now or at least until the next scan I guess.