Scanner showing wrong drive name/model on dashboard

backpackhasjetz

Question

I recently shuffled around some drives in my computer - taking out like 6 SSDs and putting them into another computer - and now Scanner shows a wrong name under the main "dashboard" screen. It's showing the old SSD model names instead of my non-SSD drives. I've tried following the instructions to completely reset Scanner (delete from appdata, etc) - and set it all back up, but it still shows wrong name.

The drives are mapped to folders on my C:\ - so like C:\Drives\HD1\ - but I don't know if that makes any difference.

I'm using the latest beta available from the download folder. The stable version exhibited the same problem.

9 answers to this question

I mean like with HD Sentinel or Crystal Disk Info, or the like. 

Do these report the correct info, or the same issue as StableBit scanner. 

On 6/1/2018 at 12:03 AM, backpackhasjetz said:

Is there other instructions to totally cleanly reinstall Scanner, other than http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Scanner_Q4200749  ?

This resets the settings, so .. may help here.

Okay.  

If you could, click on the "Settings" button in the toolbar and select "Scanner Settings". Enable the "Show advanced settings and information" option, and hit "OK". You will only need to do this once, from now on, it will always display this option.

Click on "Settings", and select the new "Advanced Settings and information" option.  Find "Diskinfo", select it and click on "verbose". Repeat this for "ControllerInfo", and "DisksVds". Hit "OK".

Let this run for a few minutes, and then run the StableBit Troubleshooter:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

Use 3639 as the contact ID request

I'm having the same issue, did this get sorted or should I run the troubleshooter as well?

I have four drives in a dock, recently swapped two of them (putting the sole 7200rpm drive in an outermost slot so it gets better airflow and isn't sandwiched between two drives, all of this was done with the PC and dock powered down), and Scanner says the 7200rpm Barracuda is a WD Green, and the WD Green I swapped it with shows as the Seagate. What's odd is the Disk Details are correct for each drive, but SMART shows each as the other drive. So the WD Green -- my coolest drive -- is showing the Barracuda's 'hot' temperature.

They show up correctly in DrivePool (easy to tell, the Seagate is empty, at least until it gets balanced).

^ This

I have this for a while on my system and just didnt bother to fix it, i.e. a samsung ssd reported as a wd hdd, etc, I had about 3 drives that were wrong. All you have to do is go in to device manager, uninstall, reboot. Windows will pull the correct names and still maintain drive letters and what not