Problems mounting drive

wikke

Question

I have two drives on Gsuite. One suddenly disconnected and it's appearing in Disk Management as unallocated. It has also lost it's drive number.

The other disk is still mounted.

I restarted my computer but without luck. The drive attaches fine in CloudDrive, producing only an error in the event log: "Disk x has been surprise removed."

Which basic troubleshooting steps should I take in order to secure my data?

4 answers to this question

That's definitely not normal. 

Unfortunately, the best option here may be data recovery.  Data recovery tools work on the drive, just fine, actually.

TestDisk and PhotoRec are good, free tools.  But we've had a number of users report that Recuva works well (no affiliation, just feedback)

Oh no... so the file and folder structure is likely to be gone? No other things I can try first in CloudDrive?

TestDisk shows two relevant CloudDrive drives. Which one should I be working on?

Disk /dev/sdc - 70 TB / 64 TiB - CHS 1069397 255 63, sector size=4096 - COVECUBE CloudFsDisk_____, S/N:{ABC}, FW:0001

Disk \\.\PhysicalDrive9 - 70 TB / 64 TiB - CHS 1069397 255 63, sector size=4096 - COVECUBE CloudFsDisk_____, S/N:{ABC}, FW:0001

Cristopher,

TestDisk is resulting in hundreds of errors in the event log:

The IO operation at logical block address 0x7fffffef8 for Disk x (PDO name: \Device\0000006e) was retried.

edit: I retried and wrote the disk layout that TestDisk discovered to the drive. After a reboot, the drive is visible again. Thanks!

Topic can be closed.