Currently running DrivePool on 2 different PCs, want to consolidate to 1 PC, best way to accomplish?

bgtees

Question

I'm currently running DrivePool (and DriveScanner) on both my HTPC and my my desktop PC. I want to consolidate everything to be on the desktop PC, but I do not have enough empty space to just copy everything. Based on what I have read, I can simply remove the 2 pooled drives from the HTPC (both Western digital 8TB NAS Red drives if it matters), plug them in to the desktop PC, and DrivePool will recognize them and add them to the pool. Is it really that easy? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Edit - just to be clear, the 2 drives that are in the pool on the HTPC are not the OS drives, have a separate SSD for that. And, if it matters, both PCs are running Win10.

4 answers to this question

I think if you move the two drives from the HTPC to the Desktop PC and run DrivePool, it will "see" the hidden poolpart directories and auto-make *another* pool on that machine.  You could then use both of those pools as child pools when you make a new top-level pool in DrivePool's interface, effectively combining all the files into one final pool without doing any additional work.

Reading a post that Christopher made seems to confirm this - the only thing you'll have to adjust after the move is the balancing settings, and pool drive letter(s).