New to DrivePool

mgsocial2001

Question

Hi all.  I'll apologize for the noob post upfront, but I've been researching a bit on my options to expand my current Plex set up.  I'm liking DrivePool the more I read about it, but I do have question I can't find the answer to.  Currently running Plex & Win10 on a computer in the basement, it has a internal 3TB for Media (TV/Movies/DVR) , another internal 3TB for back up using filesync to copy the media folders once a week, and Backblaze for cloud backup.    My question is if I move forward with DrivePool and I pool the 2 3TB drive together with duplication, will the software duplicate all files from both drives resulting in 4 copies?  Should I empty one of the drives before pooling to allow the software to duplicate properly?

3 answers to this question

No worry about being a noob! We all were once. :)

As long as the files are identical and are in identical paths... just add both disks to the pool, set the duplication to what you want, and "seed" it.  It should detect the duplicates, and "handle them". 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4142489