Error: Not enough data.

Jaga

Question

Saw Clouddrive throwing this error a few days after adding a FTP drive, no actual data on it currently, but it's pinning 76.4 MB and Caching 75.4MB.

I/O error
Cloud drive My_FTP (E:\) is having trouble uploading data to FTP.

Error: Not enough data.

This error has occurred 1,937 times.

Make sure that you are connected to the Internet and have sufficient bandwidth available

Your data will be cached locally if this persists.

The machine Clouddrive is on is connected to a 250/10 Mbit internet connection over a VPN, which is working fine.  It was used in the same configuration to setup the FTP cloud drive.

The only part of this I can see that could be responsible, is a "To upload" amount of 168 KB, which doesn't seem to want to go 'up' to the FTP server.  I have yet to toss any files on the drive, but I can if you'd like me to see if it clears the error.  I'm unsure if this is a normal result of having a perpetually empty cloud drive, or something else.  I'm not worried about it either way, unless it's actually connecting to the FTP server 1,937 times.

Edit:  in the process of writing this post, the error count has risen another 4, to 1,941 total.  Seems like it's trying vigorously but cannot due to some limitation.

8 answers to this question

Done and done (Contact request #3784232).  I set the Troubleshooter for All data, was a rather large upload.

Bitdefender complained at the end that several log files, the Troubleshooter's .exe, and select other files were infected with "Atc4.Detection", and quarantined them.  If it turns out the upload didn't make it to your server, let me know and I'll re-run with A/V disabled.  Not sure if BD is throwing false positives, but I won't blindly run exe's without BD on unless I'm sure.

In the meantime, I'm going to disable the VPN temporarily and do a cold boot, to see how Clouddrive responds.

Update:  Disabling the VPN and going with a Gigabit wired Ethernet connection only had no affect on the error message continuing to count up, even after a cold boot.

Verified that BitDefender is allowing the clouddrive.service.exe through the firewall also.  

I went and updated the ticket and re-submitted a full set of information with BitDefender off, which was successful this time.  Appears it was the culprit in the first round of false positives.  :)

Small bit of additional info:  I left Clouddrive alone after re-enabling uploads, for a good 30 minutes.  Still showing "To upload: 252 KB", and doesn't appear to be connecting to the FTP server (but the # of errors keeps rising with uploads turned on).  If I had to guess, I'd say there's a lower data threshhold that isn't large enough to trigger an actual upload (like 1mb minimum).  But since a small .txt file could be even 1KB, that would be a valid drive upload trigger.

I still haven't dropped any files on the cloud drive, in the interest of diagnosing it as-is (empty).  It is not part of my Drivepool for now either (though I originally added it and removed it, for testing).

Updated the ticket today.  I was rather...   verbose.  Sorry!

What I added may change what you guys are testing on the ticket, and where I go with my future troubleshooting.  Thought you'd want to know.   :)  Trying not to waste your time when what I'm seeing changes.