System Event Log warning - possible corruption

Jaga

Question

I went and installed CloudDrive yesterday, just to get more of a feel for it's inner workings, though I don't expect to use it much (much of my data is local, FTP'd down).

And I wouldn't have personally noticed it since I don't spend a lot of time in the logs, but when my SnapRAID sync helper script kicked off this morning it flagged two events in the Windows System Event Log (Windows 7 Pro configured as a server) in an email to me, and then terminated the sync.  Those Event Log entries were:

• Systen/NTFS, ID: 57, "The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur."
  • System/Disk, ID: 32, "The driver detected that the device \Device\Harddisk6\DR6 has its write cache enabled. Data corruption may occur."

They were timestamped within 20 minutes of each other yesterday, right around when I first installed CloudDrive and setup a simple 10 gig FTP drive across SFTP, and assigned a drive letter to it.  CloudDrive had a chance to sync up/down and finish cleanly, no problems were witnessed.  No actual data was put on the volume.

I went and allowed SnapRAID to do it's sync today after investigating, but I wanted to let the team out here know what I saw and the effect it had on the Event Logs and SnapRAID's helper script.  For now - I have the helper script stop/start the CloudDrive service before/after running a sync, in an attempt to flush any cached or open files.

If you want me to gather any more info or test anything in this config, I'd be glad to.

3 answers to this question

Got it, not terribly worried about it either way.  The error message hasn't reappeared in the event log since.  And stopping the Clouddrive service before running a Sync with Snapraid means it's data files are closed for writes, eliminating that possible problem.

Thanks!