Can't clear NVMe Warning

Question

Hi,

I've installed Scanner v. 2.5.2.3156 Beta to get NVMe health warnings.  My Samsung SSD 960 EVO has 12 Media and Data Integrity Errors.  Scanner notifies me of this.  The problem is that I can't dismiss this notification.  Scanner keeps notifying me even though the error count is not increasing.  I think what should happen is that Scanner notifies me of the error, I acknowledge the error, and then scanner does not notify me again unless the error count increases or another error occurs.

thanks,

-tom

7 answers to this question

Okay, a couple of things...

Clearing the health warnings should come in the near future (these are very new features, and NVMe is VERY different than SMART, even if we do make it look similar).  So... they should be added in the next week or two.

For the drive itself, Alex (The Developer) agrees that RMAing the drive would be a good idea here.  Both him an myself would do so, in your situation, honestly. 

Specifically, this is 12 errors that it couldn't correct that have occurred on the drive.  More could cause the drive to fail to boot, or the like.  So, I wouldn't trust the drive.  But that's your call. 

Hi,

Thanks for the update.  No hurry on clearing the warnings.  It's a beta so I just wanted to provide feedback on the new feature.

As far as RMAing, I'm not sure.  Samsung Magician shows the same data, Media Errors 0xc but it stills lists the drive condition as Good.  Unfortunately, the NVMe health data doesn't have a Status field like their SATA SSDs SMART data so I can't see what they think about the individual data fields.  I also can't find any info in the Internet about this error.  Scanner scans the entire disk as defect free, not sure if blocks with these errors have been mapped out.  No tools I run on the disk fail in any way.

I may give Samsung a call but I don't expect their telephone support to have any answers.  I see a lot of complaints about their RMA process but we'll see.

thanks,

-tom