Turned off duplication but still shows 6TB Duplicated

T.Bone

Question

I turned off duplication on my system as I am trying to decrypt my HDD due to Ransomware. I selected everything I could it still shows 6tb are duplicated. I cant select anything else and it shows Metadata is duplicated 3x's

How do I reclaim this space.

9 answers to this question

Were you using Pool duplication (which duplicates everything), or folder duplication?  If it was folder, you might want to double-check to ensure none of the folders has anything except "x1" on it.

And when you've checked those two things, click the up arrow ^ next to "Manage Pool" and choose Re-measure.., so that the pool can update itself.  It should kick off a Duplication update at that point, if it hasn't already, to remove duplicate files.

I just moved forward with decryption. I am having an issue though...

all the video files that weren't encrypted seem to be damaged. Im not sure why. I asked the antivirus company that supplied the decrypt software if its a side effect and they assured me its not. is there a possibility that drive pool could have currupted during ransomware attack and broke a few files?

the files that were encrypted and now unencrypted are fine. the ones that i weren't encrypted seem to be damaged in some way. I either get autio no video or no video and garbled audio. I dont know of any programs that can repair video either. This whole experience is lame, not drive pool the ransomware.

I did start getting duplication conflicts recently. so that is new.

On 5/4/2018 at 4:33 PM, T.Bone said:

the files that were encrypted and now unencrypted are fine. the ones that i weren't encrypted seem to be damaged in some way. I either get autio no video or no video and garbled audio. I dont know of any programs that can repair video either. This whole experience is lame, not drive pool the ransomware.

Yeah, that really sounds like it decrypted them anyways. :( 

I'm not sure what to recommend other that to attempt to re-encrypt the files and see if that works. But that may be hard to do. 

my OS crashed and got GRUB rescue code prompt. I saw screw it and installed WS2016 Essential to try it out.

Drashna - what were the settings I needed to make sure I set in drivepool since I use Perfectdisk? I don't know if they are still important with the new version or not. I do remember you had me change a few things on the other one. I use an Evo SSD as my OS drive.