Having a bad day

jdpg265

Question

So my server (windows server 2012 r2)  decided to not boot but when it did I noticed my pool was missing.  Not wanting to risk anything I shut it down and decided to restore all of my files (5 3tb drives)  onto my new NAS by sticking the drives into an external USB enclosure.  So far ONLY one of the drives is visble to the NAS and has the familiar Drive pool structure (I have been using it since beta).  All of the other drives mount but have no Volume information and show as empty on the NAS but when I look at them mounted in Windows 10 they are showing to have spaced used.  I am really freaking out at this point and not sure how to proceed.   I have an off site back up I am restore but it doesnt have my movie collection. 

Any help or suggestions?  Do I buy a data recovery product and run it on the perceived blank drives?  Am I missing something, I just recently installed the latest version of Drive pool a few weeks ago.

3 answers to this question

Try resetting the settings on the system:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585B

The not booting part was probably some file system corruption, and may have affected our software, as well.  
Running CHKDSK on the system disk would be a good idea, as well. 

And all the actual data is in hidden PoolPart folders on the drive. 

Christopher,

Appreciate the help, once I mounted the drives and set them to online all of my data was visible.  I have now reconstructed all of my data from my 5 drives without issue.. ie nothing was lost.  Been using Drive pool since day one and its never caused me to lose data!!