BSOD due to covefs_disk.sys

ayman

Question

14 answers to this question

4 hours ago, ayman said:

Good evening

I have been having random BSOD for the last 2 weeks now. The memory dump was showing due to the  covefs_disk.sys. 

I have enabled system logging and boot logging, memory dump is on this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2Fs1zG-1-Xgj7zh90Y9Y9IWljm

I have also used the StableBit Troubleshooter to upload everything using ID 3579

Thank you

I've also started having this issue with Win 10 Pro and Drive Pool 2.2.0.906 - just started today.

Any help would be useful.

still BSOD, im using windows 10 pro. No Crash dump either, its a hard freeze, I changed graphics card, Ram and still the same issues, even reinstalled windows.  Can I do anything else?

Please see this thread as well, its what i started with BSOD. https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/107684-bsod-random-times-when-computer-unattended.html  

Have you run a memory test, by chance? 
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q537229

To make sure, does this happen when StableBit DrivePool is not installed? Or only when it is installed?

The crash dump you've uploaded doesn't seem to point to StableBit DrivePool, but rather, a generic driver issue. 

It seems to be happening when im copying, using the drivepool and when im downloading and balancing stuff on it. Ram and CPU checks out, swapped video card and its all good, could it be a motherboard error as I have reinstalled windows in the past. Maybe too much IO errors?

Will update windows, cheers

EDit: says windows fully updated, hmmm, I am getting a new motherboard next week anyways, fingers crossed

Edit: Could you figure out for me why my balancers reset after a BSOD? I usually do first file placement order but then it resets to all the other 5 and it refills my other drives. Any help is appreciated

Edited by ayman
windows already updated

just an update. I have replaced my motherboard with a used sabertooth 990fx.
Everythings working like a charm. I have narrowed it down to sabNZD downloading on my pooled drive, if I pause that, it couldnt freeze. It was still having the occasional freeze when the Hdisk was being used alot aka gaming etc. It was a faulty motherboard, probably too much I/O causing the hard freeze. Anyways, thank you so much for your help, greatly appreciated it. Please mark this as solved 001.png

On 5/8/2018 at 12:52 AM, ayman said:

How do you flush it to disk? sorry about the noob question?

You don't. :(  This is one of those "internal windows things".  We don't use any special API to write the settings.  So ... this may be related to the other issues.

7 hours ago, ayman said:

just an update. I have replaced my motherboard with a used sabertooth 990fx.
Everythings working like a charm. I have narrowed it down to sabNZD downloading on my pooled drive, if I pause that, it couldnt freeze. It was still having the occasional freeze when the Hdisk was being used alot aka gaming etc. It was a faulty motherboard, probably too much I/O causing the hard freeze. Anyways, thank you so much for your help, greatly appreciated it. Please mark this as solved

Aah, That's ... still odd. 

But I have a temp drive for sabnzbd and the like because I .... it's cleaner, IMO.  :)

And yeah, I/O issues will cause the system to lock up (that's actually why StableBit CloudDrive automatically unmounts drives when too many errors have occurred, so we're very familiar with I/O errors.