Drivepool has a driver problem

flipswitchingmonkey

Question

5 answers to this question

Not able to reproduce this. 

On 4/22/2018 at 2:40 PM, flipswitchingmonkey said:

Sometimes however I suddenly can't write to the pool anymore (reading is fine, just no write access)

This sound like one or more disks is going missing.  The read only state make it sounds like this is exactly what is going on. And that may contribute to the driver error.

If you want, run the StableBit Troubleshooter and use "3577" as the contact ID. 
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

Sorry,

No, I don't see any issues here.

But that you're seeing a list of other disks (that don't appear to be pooled) with this issue .... it looks like it is something else. 

That said, I see a number of "WUDFRd" errors.  These are pretty normal, unfortunately.  So. you can most likely safely ignore this. 

From the screenshot about, these appear to be pooled disks, but not the pool.  And can be ignored. 

And looking deeper, I do see that a disk went missing on the 22nd.  It looks like a controller or disk related issue.  

Specifically, an LBA read was retried, "reset to device \Device\RaidPort2 was issued" and then "disk 0 was surprise removed". 

This would cause the disk to go missing, and the pool to go read only.