Pool won't finish rebalance

RobbieH

Question

Is there a way to find out why my pool won't finish rebalancing? I know I had this problem on another server where I had SQL Server running, but that problem was solved, and this one isn't running anything I can think of that would interfere with Drivepool. 

Version 2.2.0.906 if it matters, Windows 7...

14 answers to this question

It is still getting stuck at the same place. I would estimate it at about 60%.

I don't think it makes any difference, but so you understand my environment, I have two fast drives that act as my main drives, then a third drive that acts as the duplication drive. So, under Drive Use Limiter the two, fast 4TB drives are set up only for Unduplicated. Then, the 8TB shingled drive is set only for Duplicated.

That shingled drive is the one that went to RAW on me a while back, so I only want it to act as a backup drive.

Could you make sure that you're on the latest version (linked above), enable file system logging, and then rebalance?
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

After doing that, run the StableBit Troubleshooter on the system:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

I have sent these files.

Regarding settings, here's what I said above. There's really nothing else to it than this.

I don't think it makes any difference, but so you understand my environment, I have two fast drives that act as my main drives, then a third, shingled drive that acts as the duplication drive. So, under Drive Use Limiter the two, fast 4TB drives are set up only for Unduplicated. Then, the 8TB shingled drive is set only for Duplicated.

Hey Chris, you can call this one "done". Yesterday the 8TB shingled drive started showing drive errors in Drive Scanner. I ran some normal stuff such as chkdsk /f and some other things and no errors were found. I don't know what happened last night but the drive went to RAW and I lost the partition. No biggie, it was the duplication drive, so I did not lose anything. This is the second time this has happened with this drive, and I don't know what's going on but SeaTools finds no errors. Anyway, case closed, bad drive. Since I pulled it, the balancing completed across the remaining drives.