DP not respecting balancing rules

NickM

Question

Drivepool doesn't seem to be respecting balancing rules. Some of the other examples on the forum ask if the other drives are ok - in my case, both empty drives are marked as healthy by SB scanner.

The user interface to the Prevent Overfill plugin seems pretty clear: Don't fill the drive above 90%. And yet DP does.

In the balancer settings, I have "balance immediately" set, and "allow balancing plugins to force immediate balancing".

How does DP get itself into this situation?

Notbalancing.png

settings.png

4 answers to this question

No placement rules: all folders can go on any drive.

Is this a UI issue or is there a bug in DP?

"Try not to fill a drive above xx%" is pretty clear, but you shouldn't have to fiddle with other settings to get it to work.

Edit: resetting everything to default has cleared the red "real time placement" triangles, and balancing *appears* to have started.

I have no idea where the "real time placement triangles" originate from, as prior to the reset, all balancers except "prevent drive overfill" were disabled, including Stablebit scanner (and the scanner service itself).