Maximum CloudDrive size for Google Drive

No0bstacles

Question

I have been reading the documentation regarding maximum drive sizes for CloudDrive.
So far I have found:
  The absolute maximum size of your cloud drive is 1 PB, but it may be further limited by the Windows file system.
  For example, the maximum size of a NTFS volume using 4 KB clusters (which is common) is 16 TB.
  Cluster sizes on NTFS:
    4 KB = 16 TB maximum drive size

However in the CloudDrive UI I cannot create a drive larger than 10 TB? Does this make sense, did I just miss this in the documentation somewhere?

I am running:
  Windows 10 1709 16299.309
  StableBit CloudDrive 1.0.2.976

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

The box for the capacity is a text box. You can type on any value you want (that ... is supported, at least, so up to 1PB). As long as your provider has the free space for it. 

Just remember that the largest cluster (allocation unit) size may be 64kb on most versions of Windows, which means 256TB volume, max.  

Also, note that you may not want to have partitions/volumes that are larger than 63TBs, as Windows has issues with disk checking if the volume is NTFS and 64TBs or larger...  You can partition and pool the partitions to avoid the issue, if needed... But ....

4 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

The box for the capacity is a text box. You can type on any value you want (that ... is supported, at least, so up to 1PB). As long as your provider has the free space for it. 

Just remember that the largest cluster (allocation unit) size may be 64kb on most versions of Windows, which means 256TB volume, max.  

Also, note that you may not want to have partitions/volumes that are larger than 63TBs, as Windows has issues with disk checking if the volume is NTFS and 64TBs or larger...  You can partition and pool the partitions to avoid the issue, if needed... But ....

Thanks so much for the information, much appreciated.
I thought I had tried this after selecting the 10TB from the drop down. But I don't think I cleared it out first.

Is there any recommended or general practice for sizes for a GSuite unlimited Google Drive location, I would like to create a single storage drive as large as I can without running into problems down the road?  Based on what you have said I would guess anything under 63 TB would be fine?