Unmounting and Error Messages when Uploading files

Bowsa

Question

I don't know how to fix this. But If I'm supposed to be using the Cloud Drive (through Google) as a "normal" drive, it always behaves erratically. I've mentioned it a few times here, but the software will not even BEGIN uploading until the very last byte has been written to the local cache. So for example, if I'm uploading 7 videos, and they all total 100GB, even with 99GB in the queue to upload, it won't even upload until that last gig is written to the local cache. This is frustrating because it causes two problems: error messages and wasted time.

The first big issue is the constant barrage of notifications that "there's trouble connecting to the provider" or downloading, or uploading, but it doesn't even upload! A consequence of these constant error messages is that the drive unmounts because of these messages triggering the software to disconnect. So unless I'm babying my computer, I can't leave the files transferring as normal (which means not pressing the pause upload button). 

The other issue is the waste of time. Instead of uploading what's currently in the local cache and subsequently deleting that queue, it waits for EVERYTHING to write to the local cache.

Settings: UL/DL Threads = 10

Upload Threshold: 1 MB or 5 Minutes

Error Message(s):

I/O error:

Cloud Drive Cloud Drive (D:\) is having trouble uploading data to Google Drive. This operated is being retired.

Error: SQLite error

cannot rollback - no transaction is active

This error has occurred 2 times.

Make sure that you are connected to the internet and have sufficient bandwidth available. 
I/O error

Cloud drive Cloud Drive (D:) is having trouble uploading data to Google Drive in a timely manner.

Error: Thread was being aborted.

This error has occured 2 times.

This error can be caused by having insufficient bandwidth or bandwidth trhottling.

Your data will be cached locally if this persists.

If these two problems are fixed, this software would be perfect. Now I've recommended this program many times because when you're monitoring it works beautifully.  But the only thing missing is rectifying these issues so it actually behaves like a normal drive that doesn't constantly throw up errors.

5 answers to this question

Are you on 1.0.2.976?
If not, use that version:
http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/release/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.2.976_x64_Release.exe

If you are, and you're still having this issue, try decreasing the read and write threads to 5. 

As for the SQLite error, that's ... odd, and may indicate that you're having issues with your system disk. 
Specifically, we use SQLite for storing chunk IDs locally.  But that may not be the issue here. But a CHKDSK pass of the drive may be a good idea, just in case.  Especially if the cache is on the system drive. 

If the issue persists, have you run the StableBit Troubleshooter yet?  
If so, let me know, and what thread/ticket you did so under. 

20 minutes ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Are you on 1.0.2.976?
If not, use that version:
http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/release/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.2.976_x64_Release.exe

If you are, and you're still having this issue, try decreasing the read and write threads to 5. 

As for the SQLite error, that's ... odd, and may indicate that you're having issues with your system disk. 
Specifically, we use SQLite for storing chunk IDs locally.  But that may not be the issue here. But a CHKDSK pass of the drive may be a good idea, just in case.  Especially if the cache is on the system drive. 

If the issue persists, have you run the StableBit Troubleshooter yet?  
If so, let me know, and what thread/ticket you did so under. 

I need a ticket/thread number

On 3/14/2018 at 12:28 PM, Bowsa said:

I don't know how to fix this. But If I'm supposed to be using the Cloud Drive (through Google) as a "normal" drive, it always behaves erratically. I've mentioned it a few times here, but the software will not even BEGIN uploading until the very last byte has been written to the local cache. So for example, if I'm uploading 7 videos, and they all total 100GB, even with 99GB in the queue to upload, it won't even upload until that last gig is written to the local cache. This is frustrating because it causes two problems: error messages and wasted time.

The first big issue is the constant barrage of notifications that "there's trouble connecting to the provider" or downloading, or uploading, but it doesn't even upload! A consequence of these constant error messages is that the drive unmounts because of these messages triggering the software to disconnect. So unless I'm babying my computer, I can't leave the files transferring as normal (which means not pressing the pause upload button). 

The other issue is the waste of time. Instead of uploading what's currently in the local cache and subsequently deleting that queue, it waits for EVERYTHING to write to the local cache.

Settings: UL/DL Threads = 10

Upload Threshold: 1 MB or 5 Minutes

Error Message(s):

I/O error:

Cloud Drive Cloud Drive (D:\) is having trouble uploading data to Google Drive. This operated is being retired.

Error: SQLite error

cannot rollback - no transaction is active

This error has occurred 2 times.

Make sure that you are connected to the internet and have sufficient bandwidth available. 

I/O error

Cloud drive Cloud Drive (D:) is having trouble uploading data to Google Drive in a timely manner.

Error: Thread was being aborted.

This error has occured 2 times.

This error can be caused by having insufficient bandwidth or bandwidth trhottling.

Your data will be cached locally if this persists.

If these two problems are fixed, this software would be perfect. Now I've recommended this program many times because when you're monitoring it works beautifully.  But the only thing missing is rectifying these issues so it actually behaves like a normal drive that doesn't constantly throw up errors.

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same exact issue.