Complete Instability.

Bowsa

Question

Provider: Legit.EDU Google Drive

Hey, guys, I don't know what's going on with StableBit cloud, but it's been an absolute nightmare to use. I first started uploading a substantial amount of data on the 26th of February, was able to download/prefetch at 150 Mbps+, but then I got throttled in uploading. Sometime in the evening of the following day, the limits on my uploading were released and I would get full speed when uploading data. But I've been patiently waiting for this mysterious API/Bandwidth cap to be released and nothing.

It's been a few days since my initial upload and it seems like a useless drive. Low size files (20-30gb) somehow kinda work when it's downloading even with a lot of failures and retries, but playing a 4K file is impossible.

Every once in a while (with no activity) I check the cloud drive and I see that it needs to be authorized, or the bandwidth is throttled or any other problem. I can't even detach the drive because it says "access denied". I can't do anything, I was wondering if maybe it has to do with my account itself?

Maybe it could be a problem with my account itself?

Would purchasing a Google suites account alleviate this issue, and is there a way to transfer my drive there?

3 answers to this question

Nope,  this is an undocumented/poorly documented data cap imposed by Google Drive.

Specifically, there is a daily 750GB upload limit.  

if you throttle the upload to 75mbps, you should avoid running into this issue. 

The throttling options are under "Manage Drive" -> Performance -> "I/O Performance". 

Just now, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Nope,  this is an undocumented/poorly documented data cap imposed by Google Drive.

Specifically, there is a daily 750GB upload limit.  

if you throttle the upload to 75mbps, you should avoid running into this issue. 

The throttling options are under "Manage Drive" -> Performance -> "I/O Performance". 

But my problem is the download portion