Constant "Name of drive" is not authorized with Google Drive

irepressed

Question

Since a couple of days, I am getting constant "is not authorized with Google Drive" about my drives as soon as I try to upload to it. 

My account is a G-Suite unlimited account.

I've been uploading about 50GB of data today and had to re-authorize all drives (I have 4) 2 to 3 times each. This is a real pain to deal with and I lose access to my drives again and again. There does not seem to be any logic to it, drive will fail to this error one after the other, with random time between getting this error on each drive. As a side note, I have been uploading only to one drive out of my 4 mapped drives.

Does anybody know what could be the issue? 

Thanks.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:05 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Well, either way, this should be fixed in the latest version. 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/rc/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.2.976_x64_Release.exe

I experienced that on 976 as well, but not that often as before.

One thing I noticed - this 'Reauthorize' requests can be ignored and will disappear after a while - sometimes after 3 minutes sometimes after 6 hours. I never yet experienced drive to be disconnected after this 'Reauthorize' message.

I am having this issue as well. I have multiple drives and 2 google drive unlimited EDU accounts. My 2 mounted drives (one on one edu account and the other on the other edu account)  are always is disconnecting randomly in the same way as OP.  I have limited my upload to the recommended amount to stay below API limits imposed by google and does not seem to matter if I'm uploading or not. My version is 1.0.2.975

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.  Something must have changed in the way Google authenticates CloudDrive, I suppose CloudDrive team will need to make adjustments. Has anyone opened a support request so far? If not, I will do so today.

EDIT: support request # 4588663

26 minutes ago, tcz06a said:

I can confirm this behavior in the 975 RC. Windows Server 2016 x64 with an unlimited Google Apps account. Any other information I can provide I am happy to.

Could you enable web logging and reproduce.
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Web_Logs
Don't upload the logs here. 

Open a ticket and reference either this thread or the issue number above (4588663), and attach the logs there. 

38 minutes ago, tcz06a said:

I am logging now and will create the case as soon as I see it happen again. I also notice that each time I reauthorize, the Stablebit CloudDrive app is incremented a number, ie:
Stablebit CloudDrive (9)

Same here as for the incrementing numbers.

I have enabled web logging, but unable to reproduce so far. I've been monitoring for about an hour, waiting for it to happen again.

Thanks.

EDIT: happened again, just submitted my logs.

Just wanted to add that I am also having this problem on the latest RC build using Windows 10.

I posted to a different thread earlier, but came across this one which seems to have more users on it and I apologize for the redundancy. 

Not sure if its related, but I see this warning in the service log until I reauthorize.

The tokenbase number below is different for each warning and because I don't really know what it is referring to, I changed the numbers below to random numbers just in case it is something that shouldn't be shared publicly. 

Warning: 0 : [OAuth2TokenBase:28623714] HttpProtocolException refreshing token. HTTP Status BadRequest

Could it be that this “not authorized” error message has to do with some idle timeout?

I got this message for a drive that was idle for some hours (no up- or download). After copying a couple of files to it, it became active (started to send and receive data) and the (red) error message disappeared – without having it reauthorized.

13 hours ago, Viktor said:

Could it be that this “not authorized” error message has to do with some idle timeout?

I got this message for a drive that was idle for some hours (no up- or download). After copying a couple of files to it, it became active (started to send and receive data) and the (red) error message disappeared – without having it reauthorized.

It's possible, but not likely.  The idle timeout is likely an idle HTTP connection thread. 

1 hour ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

For those having this issues, what are your upload and download speeds? 
If you're not comfortable replying here, then post in a ticket (especially if you've already opened one), or PM me. 

350mbps up and down. No throttling.

Not sure, if everyone talks about the same issue. At least in my experience is this “not authorized” message (see attached) a false alarm and does not really impact the drive.  

Whenever I see it, the affected drive is still connected and accessible, but always has been inactive for a while (nothing to up- or download). As soon as the drive becomes active again (copy a file to it or just browse through a folder), the red message disappears automatically - no need to click on “Reauthorize…”.

So – at least in my case – the drive does not really lose its authorization. In the first couple of occurrences I also clicked the “Reauthorize…” link to get rid of the message (superfluosly). During my investigations I also noticed new StableBit CloudDrive entries with increasing numbers being added to the third-party apps list in the Google Account, what might be the effect of reauthorizing an already validly authorized app.

Screenshot (2).png