Brand new CT500 SSD's - one keeps triggering Scanner error

backpackhasjetz

Question

StableBit Scanner
One or more disks are suspect:
CT500MX500SSD1 - 1 warnings
These is currently 1 unstable sector on the hard disk. An unstable sector is a sector that can't be read. The drive will automatically swap the bad sector for a good one whenever new data is written to it, however, the original data may be lost.

This happens randomly - and then when I check the SMART status, it shows Good/fine in Scanner. I'm not sure what to do here. I submitted the drive to Bitflock, because it seems to be using a generic profile while doesn't match a lot of SMART attributes.

10 answers to this question

IIRC this is pretty normal for this drive.  I have/had one, and it would do this sort of thing, ll the time.

But just in case, submit to bitflock. And post the ID here.

Also, enable logging for "Smart" in StableBit Scanner:

Click on the "Settings" button in the toolbar and select "Scanner Settings". Enable the "Show advanced settings and information" option, and hit "OK". You will only need to do this once, from now on, it will always display this option.

Click on "Settings", and select the new "Advanced Settings and information" option.  Find the Smart entry, click on it, and select the verbose option.  Let it run until this happens. 

Also, if you set StableBit Scanner to throttle SMART queries, this may help: 
http://stablebit.com/Support/Scanner/2.X/Manual?Section=SMART