Issue with Beta 890

B00ze

Question

Hi all.

I had installed Beta version 890 instead of newer versions of DrivePool because the versions after 890 used the new mounting code and there were issues reported with that and Win 10. I think these are fixed in 90x release candidates, but I've only tested 904 in Win 7 so far. In any case, there is a bug in 890 that I noticed right away :

I run a script which does backup operations using Robocopy in Mirror mode - it updates only changed files. That script runs about 8 Robocopies with thousands of files. I tested it tonight and noticed that each time I ran it, at least one of the copies decided that the target folder did not exist (or was empty) and proceeded re-copying ALL the files over to the pool. This is not right; it should've noticed that almost all files were identical, especially after the 2nd and subsequent backup runs, where ALL files were indeed identical. But not matter what, each run, at least 1 folder was copied completely over. Version 904 RC has fixed that.

I also had some bizarre results from Robocopy when I first migrated all my data to the pool; it kept reporting that it had "skipped" some folders each time I copied over another chunk of data (but it kept reporting having copied all files.) I ran compares between the source and target folder trees and no folders were missing. I have not had occasion to re-test this with 904, since my data is now completely copied over to the pool.

Anyway, avoid Beta 890, it's a bit buggy (note that it never LOST any files, but it apparently has issues with folders).

Best Regards,

3 answers to this question

Yeah, I tried again just now to trigger the problem by running the backup script and nope, all works fine with 904 - whereas with 890 every time I tried, one of the Robocopies would copy ALL the files over the existing ones and call all of the files "new." Don't know what changed, I checked the changelog and it does not speak of anything that would have this effect. If that matters, I am still using the Intel RAID drivers, even tho all my drives are now "non-member" drives; not sure if that would have any impact...