"Error Removing Drive - There is not enough space on the disk"

mct75

Question

Hello Friends,

I have a 24 TB pool with 14 TB free.  I tried to remove a drive and it hung at "checking for files in use" or something like that, so I let it run overnight.  This morning, I got the error below.  It doesn't make sense as I have plenty of free space.

Of note, I have the "IndexerVolumeGuid" duplication issue but I can't delete the folders because it says the files are in use.  Maybe that is part of the issue?

Thanks!

fztmOHo.png

8 answers to this question

Could you install the RC and retry? 
http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/rc/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.904_x64_RC.exe

There are a bunch of changes, including to the drive removal code, that should make it more robust and less prone to issues.

If that version still has issues, then let me know.

Well, it failed again, but the greater verbosity of this version told me what was going on.  It was trying to move my ~1TB of files from that drive to my 500GB SSD (per the SSD optimizer plugin) and obviously 1TB won't fit on 500GB so that is where the "not enough space" was coming from.  I disabled the SSD optimizer and it seems to be removing normally now. 

903 should be fine then. 

904 is using a different cert for stuff, but isn't a significant change otherwise. 

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/rc/download/changes.txt

* [D] All code signing now uses a Covecube Inc. EV (extended validation) code signing certificate and the file system is signed 
      by Microsoft.