Duplication Inconsistent

jsbach99

Question

This error has appeared in the past couple of days.

I have read some items about this on the Forum, and tried some suggestions which others have used, but I can't resolve the issue.

On my list of drives in the Pool, one drive is 'greyed out'. I'm assuming that's the drive with a problem. StableBit Scanner shows the drive as Healthy. I can access files on the drive OK.

The attached mentions deleting some System Volume Information files, but I can't find them anywhere.

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug.

Pool Duplicate.JPG

5 answers to this question

Checking the "Automatically resolve file duplication mismatches [...]" option may fix this.

Otherwise, the "System Volume Information" is a system folder, and "super hidden".   You need to uncheck the "hide protected system files [...]" option in the folder view options. 

The problem then, is that you may need to take ownership of the files, and delete them. (they're not really used on the pool).

Thanks for the speedy reply.

1. I've checked the "Automatically resolve file duplication mismatches [...]" on a number of occasions, but I get straight back to the Duplication Warning.

2. I've found 'System Volume Information' (eventually). All the drives on the Pool indicate this folder as empty.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Doug.

After all the permissions changes, I still couldn't delete the 'System Volume Information'.

However, I went back to DP,  checked the "Automatically resolve file duplication mismatches [...]", and it's all back to normal.

Great result! Thanks for your great assistance.

Doug.