Keep a defined amount of files on SSD drive?

cuco

Question

Hey,

i am wondering if there is a Setting to say the balancers to Keep at least a diffined % of Space of an SSD used with newest files copied to the pool.

Right now when i Balance My pool the whole ssd gets whiped and the files get coppied to the Archive drives. My ssd has 1.6tb so i want to have at least 500gb or better a percentage to be always used.

Thanks for the help,

cuco

PS: when will the new release come?

3 answers to this question

No, there is no such setting for doing that.

It's really targeted at smaller SSDs, and for using the SSDs as a write cache for new files. So, it wants to keep the drive clear.

That said, you could enable file placement rules to keep specific files/folders on the SSD for improved performance (such as metadata for videos).  But this requires some additional configuration (namely disabling the "unless drive is being emptied" option on the main balancing settings page).

This is My donwloads drive, so i will probably try to just use the ssd in the future.

A few other question. I have a pool with duplication that has two SSDs. So realtime duplicaation is on. When i move files to the pool both SSDs write the data. But after one run of balancing flles are kept on one ssd and not totally moved from both.

How does this come? How Can i fix this?

Is there a way to force the Pool to move the files when the balancing button is not shown next to the balancing Status?

Pool_Problem_annonym.png