Question about my SSD status

lynx69

Question

7 answers to this question

Aside from "it's having issues"?  
It would depend on the SMART errors, really. 

First, run the "burst test".  And see if that comes back with errors. 
If it does, which? 

If it doesn't, let me know what SMART errors it is showing.

But in either case, "replace the drive" is going to be the course of action that you should take. 

Unreadable sectors are basically a catastrophic failure.

Your disk does a bunch of stuff to make sure that it can read the data from the drive. And if that fails, then then disk has failed. 

And by "failed", I mean, what happens when one of this unreadable sectors occurs in the MFT (NTFS' file allocation table), or in the partition information? You have a RAW disk, or worse, necessitating data recovery (usually).  Or a critical system file (such as the kernel) is no longer accessible...

But the reason I mention the burst test, is that sometimes, a communication error can cause this... and something as simple as reseating cables or swapping out a cable can fix this.
But in some cases, it can show a firmware defect/bug.  (i've experienced this myself, actually). 

In either case, it's an issue that is most likely going to get worse, not better.  It usually never "goes away".  So the best course of action is to replace the drive, and to stop using it for anything important (such as the system). 

6 minutes ago, lynx69 said:

i don't know if it is well worth to buy another ssd because of  those small error count

It's worth seeing if the drive is under warranty, first.  Always.  

Otherwise, yes, it's worth replacing, IMO.  

If this was my system, I'd be being the new drive, already. 

sorry for late response

i did contact the local seller and he told me my disk still 100% fine

and he showed me the example of broken ssd by running surface scan on it and it crashed/bsod with message "kernel data inpage error" during scan esp when scanning the bad blocks

i saw the computer freeze around 3-5 minutes and crash

On 2/7/2018 at 12:06 PM, lynx69 said:

i did contact the local seller and he told me my disk still 100% fine

The drive has "uncorrectable sector count" warnings. No, it's not.  

On 2/7/2018 at 12:06 PM, lynx69 said:

and he showed me the example of broken ssd by running surface scan on it and it crashed/bsod with message "kernel data inpage error" during scan esp when scanning the bad blocks

To be blunt here, so what? Literally means nothing to your situation.  It's like an exhaust problem in your car and the dealership showing you a gutted engine.  
Yes, one is worse and will stop the care from functioning, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem.  
It just means you have a shady AF seller.

I'd recommend contacting Plextor (or whomever) and see if it's under warranty.  If it is, replace it from them, and *never* contact or use that seller again.