Translation into Dutch a bit wonky

Enigma147

Question

I installed today the latest version (2.2.0.901) of drivepool, which has a Dutch translation. Nice work!  A few of the translations are a bit funny, for a native dutch speaker. 

The translation of pool to 'Zwembad' is  odd. A 'Zwembad' is a  'swimming pool' A huge bathtub where people usually swim in. I would  call it a 'pool', just as in the English version. 

'Kracht bijwerken sortie nu..'   I had to switch to English to discover what it meant, because in dutch it is complete gibberish, no offence :). Its a literal translation of the words  'Force update check now..' A better translation would be: 'Controleer nu op updates...'

'Extern controle mogelijk maken' (Allow remote control)   i would translate with 'Beheer op afstand toestaan.'

I've peeked in the DrivePool.UI.resources.dll file and there are also quite a few errors. 

'Force verwijdering van de beschadigde aandrijving'  means ' Force removal of the damaged propulsion.'  :) 

If you want, i could suggest some better translations if you could send me a list of the original phrases with their current translation. I'm not a professional translator, but i like to help. 

Edited by Christopher (Drashna)
Formatting -- removed extra lines at end

1 answer to this question