Can´t access my HDD on another PC

Cabel

Question

Hey,

At first I had Problems to acces my Drivepool via Windows share. ( Win 10 PC -> Svr2012R2 Essentials) Sometimes I can´t open a Folder nor delete it. I says I have no permission to do this. But I am locked in with Admin rights.

So I took out the HDD from the Server and connected it to my PC via USB 3.0. And again no acces to my files.

What can I do here? I am lost. Should I copy out all my files and Setup a fresh install Server OS?

EDIT:

So I removed one drive from the pool and on the PC it says " WriteProtected" But why?? The empty disk is write protected.

11 answers to this question

Make sure that you're on the public beta or newer (well, newer than 2.1.1.561).

Otherwise, reboot.  See if that helps.

And, open up Disk Management. See if the disk shows as "Read Only". If it is, then this is a problem that needs "diskpart" which is a powerful, but dangerous tool.  In that case, I would rather set up a remote support session and assist you with this directly.

Hey Christopher,

glad that you will help me, thank you.

I Need to recover my Server as fast as possible so I did a new install and DP the recent public release. (what is wrong with this Version?)

I did work with diskpart and deleted all the Attributes, but only to make the empty disk accesible.

The empty disk in the new pool and the others disks from the old pool connected via USB 3.0 and copy.

Is this ok that way???

The stable release (2.1.1.561) has some odd issues with deletions/moving files.  The way it handles it can sometimes cause issues, similar to what you've explained.  The beta has a fix for this behavior.

57 minutes ago, Cabel said:

I did work with diskpart and deleted all the Attributes, but only to make the empty disk accesible.

The empty disk in the new pool and the others disks from the old pool connected via USB 3.0 and copy.

Is this ok that way???

Yup, that's fine.

That's the other possible issue. 

That, or check the UI and make sure it's licensed. 

Hello Christopher,

I installed the beta stable biton my svr 2012R2 essentials and thought it would be getting better on the Client side (win 10) but is the same. The permissions take 30sec to load.

I can´t tell if it is because of stable bit, but I do think so. I hope you can assist here, because I saw you also have Server 2012R2 essentials. Maybe you can recreate the Problem?

Unbenannt0000.PNG

Hey,

Yes it is a screenshot from Client side (win10).

No, the PC is not in a Domain..But the PC never was and it was running fine with DriveBender. I don´t know where the Problem is. So...don´t know.

So if you Need still the config please let me know.

Thanks Christopher, thanks.

So I formated all the HDD´s on my PC and reset all Attributes. Then a fresh install with the beta. I would say all permissions are now ok, but same Long loading from the Client side when cklicking safety to see permissions.

Do you have any Idea if it as Problem accessing the Server from PC?

If it is taking a while to load the permissions, then it sounds like it may be a network configuration issue. 

On both systems, try running this and rebooting (from an elevated command prompt)

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=hoghlyrestricted

And in device manager, for the network adapter, try disabling any feature with "checksum" or "offload" in the name.