Error Removing Drive

Painted

Question

Hi, I've got a drive in my pool that Scanner is reporting that the File system is not healthy, and repairs have been unsuccessful. So I added another drive the same size to the pool, and attempted to remove the damaged drive (thinking this would migrate the data, after which I can reformat the original drive and re-add to the pool).

I'm getting "Error Removing Drive" though, and the detail info indicates "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". Yet I can reach into the PoolPart folder and can copy at least some* of the files (every test I've done copies fine). 

How do I migrate whatever I can recover manually? Or is there a step I'm missing to get DP to do this for me automatically?

7 answers to this question

Hi I have this same issue.  Force damaged drive removal does not work. Force close any open unduplicated files on the drive being removed doesn't work. My drivepool is on D: and it's claiming the corrupted file causing the issue is in D:$RECYCLE.BIN but I can't remove it or delete it with the usual rm or rmdir methods. I've attached an image of the path to the file. 

error.PNG

Thank you for the assistance. After following the instructions in the link my drive appears to freeze at the stage of changing ownership after step 14. A window pops up like this and hasn't changed in a week (I gave it a lot of time because it's a big drive and I don't use this computer a lot). I also still can't remove the drive from the pool. 

frozen ownership change.PNG

Then, unfortunately, the best option may be to immediately eject the disk from the pool, and manually recover the data from it. 

And if that's the case, I'd prefer you open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact.

Otherwise, I can post the instructions here, if you'd like.