Sub Folders w/ Radarr + Stablebit

josefilion

Question

Newbie question.

I currently have all my files in one folder but radarr likes the files to be in sub folders and I noticed plex detects the file right away when it is verus when I take the file out and put inside the main folder and not sub folder - I was thinking of moving them all into subfolders but will the stablebit cloudrive have to download all the cache and information and scan again once I do this in plex? also will this trigger a ban (I'm using google drive) because I'm moving so many files ? (over 4,500 files into sub folders). 

Thank you and Happy New Year. 

7 answers to this question

CloudDrive essentially cannot hit the API ban because of its implementation of exponential back-off. rClone used to hit the bans because it did not respect the back-off requests Google's servers were sending, though I think they've solved that problem at this point. In any case, don't worry about that with CloudDrive. The only "ban" you'll need to worry about is the ~750gb/day upload threshold. 

From my experience, i have yet to hit the API ban using Google Drive and Stablebit, i have a very large library. My Movies library is setup into sub folders as you suggested. I have done full library scans to test this specifically for a API ban. 

As to answer your cache question, Plex of course would have to rescan your library of your files again due to path location being changed. So yes i would guess that it would update the cache to reflect that. 

As i said above, i have yet to hit any kind of ban with Google and Stablebit, if you do some how achieve hitting a ban, please post and let us know so we can keep track =).

What @srcrist said. 

StableBit CloudDrive respects the back off requests from Google (and we use an exponential back off, even for providers that don't request it, IIRC).  So, you shouldn't hit download limits.

However, as srcist mentions, there is a daily ~750GB upload limit... 75mbps over 24 hours will come very close to this limit.   So, if you can hit this speed, I would recommend throttling, to avoid it.   But even if you hit it, you can still download. You just can't upload. 

As for the number of files, that's not a problem either.  The software doesn't deal with the files, directly.  Chunks of "raw disk data" is uploaded to the provider, not actual files.  Also, because of how the file system works, this should actually be minimal, since you're moving around the pointers to the files, and not the actual data.   So this should be relatively "low cost". 

So took me 24 hours for plex to detect the new files, just in case anybody wants to know.

I turned off plex (make sure before turning off empty trash is unchecked in the library).

I used "Files2Folder" to put all the files in each sub folder

Turned plex back on and it started pointing the files to the right metadata. 

No ban  =) over 4000 files now adding folders to radarr. 

Thank you guys.

For anyone reading this, Plex is smart enough if you move an existing Library file from Path A to Path B to realize you actually moved it, and that it's not a new duplicate. So while what @josefilion did worked, it really doesn't need to be done that complexly, or at one go. I recently moved from one huge folder with subfolders to one with A-C, B-D etc subfolders because it was taking Windows a long time to list the contents and I basicly just grabbed a few hundred folders at once with cut & paste to the new subfolders and me having "Detect changes" enabled in Plex made it pick up the moved files almost instantly.

So basicly: No need to turn off Plex. Just move your files how you want as long as they are not currently being played / scanned and you move them within the Library root folder.