Unsafe shutdown on Windows restart

sausages

Question

Hello,

I'm having an issue where at least 50% of the time (if not more) when I restart my computer, CloudDrive seems to not shutdown properly and initiates a recovery upon startup. Looking at my Windows event log from the most recent occurrence, I found this:

"The StableBit CloudDrive Shutdown Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service."

I've attached a copy of the event file in case that helps. I'm running Windows 7 x64 and CloudDrive 1.0.2.964. Thanks!

CloudDrive Shutdown Service.evtx

13 answers to this question

I am having the same problem, which is particularly problematic when it takes a couple hours to "recover", during which my computer is essentially unusable - followed by 10 hours of it re-uploading 1TB of data to the NAS which is 99.9-100% already there (and consumes an addtional TB of space, because of snapshots). It doing this on system crash is probably enough that I am going to have to look for an alternative, but doing it on evey reboot is just ludicrous.

I've submitted the drive tracing and troubleshooter logs, but wanted to mention that this is still consistently happening. I'm thankful I do not have a bandwidth cap and have fast upload speeds, otherwise the software would be completely unusable.

EDIT: Furthermore, another quirk I've noticed is that attaching the drive often results in extraordinarily high memory usage (as seen in the attached screenshot) that momentarily cripples the computer. Is such behaviour expected?

Capture.PNG

On 2018-02-05 at 9:34 AM, Monema said:

think i found the solution for this problem by disabling Fast boot in the Energy settings of Windows.

Sorry for the dutch language in the screenshot ;) 

dG8Gp4K.png

I'm encountering this problem on Windows 7 so Fast Boot cannot be the cause