[Solved] Got extra drive, pool went nutty.

saltydk

Question

My problem is kinda two fold. I just bought a new USB drive and tried to add it to my existing 5 drive pool which resulted in drivepool creating a separate pool for some reason. Then I tried removing one of my drives from the original pool but cancelled once it started migrating data and now I can no longer change balancing settings due to the following error:

"Error Saving Settings

Sequence contains no elements"

Any chance you lads can help me out?

6 answers to this question

21 hours ago, britgeezer said:

Drashna has referred you to your ticket.

I can tell you you made an add selection option mistake, you selected add new pool instead of add to pool.

I made the same mistake myself a while back.:o

Answer is delete the new pool and add to existing.

I made no mistake, the add new pool button isn't even near the add disk one. The software looked like it tried adding it to my old pool but after a few seconds it would just create a new pool instead with the disk selected. Repairing my install made DrivePool function as normal again.

On 12/5/2017 at 4:55 PM, saltydk said:

I made no mistake, the add new pool button isn't even near the add disk one. The software looked like it tried adding it to my old pool but after a few seconds it would just create a new pool instead with the disk selected. Repairing my install made DrivePool function as normal again.

It sounds like it errored out when setting up the pool.  The "Sequence" error may have been directly related, then. 

If this hasn't been resolved yet, then do this: 
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_F1655