Box.net

Kraevin

Question

I have been testing several providers (Google Drive, Drop Box and Box.com). I am curious if anyone else here has been testing Box.com and their results with uploading files. I noticed with Google and Dropbox i can pretty much max out my upload connection (gigabit connection), 700-1100 mbps. and this is with just 5 upload threads. 

With box.com i see to get a different story with uploading only able to max about 50-70 mbps. Yes i have adjusted the upload threads and still no difference and upload bandwidth throttle isn't on. Box.com claims they do not throttle. So is anyone else here having slow uploads with them? If it helps i am uploading from the UK area.

I have a feeling this is probably more of an issue with Box.com and their servers.

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Welcome! 

And just keep in mind that not all cloud providers are equal! 

Very true Chris. So far from my experience Google seems to perform the best, just wish the daily upload limit was higher. I will be sticking with Google, just was curious to see how the other providers handled.