Drivepool with Local Disks and Parity via CloudDrive

red

Question

Hey,

I've set up a small test with 3x physical drives in DrivePool, 1 SSD drive and 2 regular 4TB drives. I'd like to make a set up where these three drives can be filled up to their brim and any contents are duplicated only on a fourth drive: a CloudDrive. No regular writes nor reads should be done from the CloudDrive, it should only function as parity for the 3 drives.

Am I better off making a separate CloudDrive and scheduling an rsync to mirror the DrivePool contents to CloudDrive, or can this be done with DrivePool (or DrivePools) + CloudDrive combo? I'm running latest beta for both.

What I tried so far didn't work too well, immediately some files I were moving were being actually written on the parity drive even though I set it to only contain duplicated content. I got that to stop by going into File Placement and unticking parity drive from every folder (but this is an annoying thing to have to maintain whenever new folders are added).

1) tCvCcS.png

2) 7UjB8k.png

Awesome!

Though, I have one suggestion:  Do not use A: or B: for the drive letters.   There is some hard coded behavior with those drive letters.  Specifically, Windows will periodically/constantly ping these drive letters, because it assumes that they are floppy drives.  This creates activity on the disks in question, and may keep your disks awake.  And this applies to any and all disks in the pool. 

However, you should be fine to just change the drive letter, as StableBit DrivePool doesn't care about the drive letter, so changing that won't affect the Pool.