Schedule Metadata Pinning?

keithdok

Question

I have 10TB expandable drive hosted on Google Drive with a 2TB cache. Whenever I add a large amount of data to the drive (for example I added 1TB yesterday) CloudDrive will occasionally stop all read and write operations to do "metadata pinning". This prevents Plex from doing anything while it does its thing, and took over 3 hours to do yesterday. I don't want to disable metadata pinning, but I would like to be able to schedule it, if necessary, for 3AM or something like that. 

In the meantime, is there a drawback to having such a large local cache? Would it improve operations like metadata pinning and crash recovery if I decreased it?

13 answers to this question

I don't believe it should be doing that anyways. 

What version are you on?  (I mean, could you upgrade to this version?)
http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.2.951_x64_BETA.exe

And could you enable tracing and wait for this to happen again? 
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Drive_Tracing

On 11/15/2017 at 2:27 PM, keithdok said:

I have 10TB expandable drive hosted on Google Drive with a 2TB cache. Whenever I add a large amount of data to the drive (for example I added 1TB yesterday) CloudDrive will occasionally stop all read and write operations to do "metadata pinning". This prevents Plex from doing anything while it does its thing, and took over 3 hours to do yesterday. I don't want to disable metadata pinning, but I would like to be able to schedule it, if necessary, for 3AM or something like that. 

In the meantime, is there a drawback to having such a large local cache? Would it improve operations like metadata pinning and crash recovery if I decreased it?

How did you bypass the 750GB daily upload limit if you uploaded 1TB yesterday? I am curious on this =)

@Christopher (Drashna)- im not sure if others have the same issue, but when the pinning craps out its like the sevice its self dies or gives out somehow, i tried to upgrade to the latest beta, but was unable to stop the stablebit services, and when i reboot the server when this is occuring the reboot actually hangs at waiting for services to shutdown.... ive left it in this state for hours (last was from 9am until i got home at 1700) havent actually got around to installing the latest beta yet!