[DrivePool BETA 2.2.0.877] SSD Optimizer not moving data away

JoeS

Question

Hi,

I'm using Drivepool (Beta) since 2015, recently bought it because it's a great tool.

But nowadays I have problem, there are some data hogging my SSD space. I read all the stickies and it seems Drivepool want to move my data but it somehow can't? I will post some images, hopefully somebody can point me into the right direction, thx!

A: & C: are my SSDs, every fileplacement rule is the same as the first one!

GY2MA4r.png

Imgur Album with more screenshots (imgs are to big for uplaoding?):

https://imgur.com/a/AnJy9

18 answers to this question

The only option is re-balance, which it does for a few seconds or so, than turns back to red as before

can I just move the stuff from the hidden `PoolPart.d834d980-c73e-4e2a-80c0-ff60812d6eee` folder on C: into the `Poolpart.numbers` folder on one of the archive disks? or will this mess up drivepool somehow?

And it only wants to move stuff from A: anyway, even though there is nothing there to move...

CUxEEag.png

Thx for still trying to figure this out. The drives are about 86% full, the ssd optimizer settings was on 90% OR 100MB. I now set it too 100% or 500MB.

I will get back to you, if it still helps, but I suppose this wasn't the issue, unless it calculates the to be moved filesize into the limit?

On 11/15/2017 at 1:11 PM, JoeS said:

Thx for still trying to figure this out. The drives are about 86% full, the ssd optimizer settings was on 90% OR 100MB. I now set it too 100% or 500MB.

I will get back to you, if it still helps, but I suppose this wasn't the issue, unless it calculates the to be moved filesize into the limit?

Yeah, the "Prevent Drive Overfill" balancer will attempt to empty the drive until it's about 85% full.  So.... it definitely sounds like this was the case. 

On 11/15/2017 at 3:26 PM, Joazito said:

Sorry for introding, but where can you download DrivePool BETA 2.2.0.877? I only see 2.2.0.852 in the download page.

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.878_x64_BETA.exe

Sadly it's still not working. In my frustration I even  just deleted big temp data I didn't need anymore from the hidden drivepool. So now it's just about ~7GB, but it's still not moving. 

I will attach a typical log from yesterday. 

Another question, what can I do about this error: 

DrivePool.Service.exe    Warning    0    [FileDuplication] Error checking file \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolume15\$filepath\$filename.prproj for duplication consistency. The system cannot find the path specified    2017-11-26 13:29:55Z    7296416529

$filepath\$filename is something I substituted for the real thing, because these are kind of sensible. This filepath has nothing to do with deleted tempdate I wrote above, btw.

Thx

DrivePool.Service-2017-11-26.log.zip

On 11/27/2017 at 3:34 AM, JoeS said:

What I don't get, HarddiskVolume15 is neither the corrosponding disk15 or volume15 in diskpart.

Is the intern numbering different from the windows one?

Yeah, Windows is "fun" that way, and uses multiple different ways to tag/ID disks. 

On 11/27/2017 at 3:26 AM, JoeS said:

The system cannot find the path specified

It the disk is disappearing intermittently, it would cause that. And it sounds like this is the case. 

Though, could you enable logging and then reproduce?
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

And then run the StableBit Troubleshooter (using 3244 as the contact ID)
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter