Drive with Plex updating libraries very slowly

Chupa

Question

Good evening, I'm using CloudDrive with Plex I've mounted a hard drive with a Google Drive account, but every time I update my library the update lasts for an hour, I put the flag on the plex option "Run a partial scan when detected changes "my library has only 900 elements (Movies) I've tried all kinds of routing

main folder> movie.mkv

main folder> subfolder> movie.mkv

Using CloudDrive 1.0.2.950 BETA

Do you have a solution to this? do I have to give up waiting for 1 hour each time I update my library? Thank you

6 answers to this question

Chupa, my library is many thousands of titles and only takes a minute or two to update. Are you, maybe, referring to the initial adding of new media from a directory to your library? It does an analysis scan on the files during that addition that can take some time, but a normal scan where it simply looks for changes and additions should be a matter of minutes, no matter how large your library, even if you don't have the "run partial scan" option enabled. 

I've never really tested the limits, but I have 5 to 8 regularly without any issues. Server is an E3 1245v2 and 32GB of ram on a 250mbit connection and media is stored predominately in 20000 bit/s files or higher. I've been quite happy with it. 

Edited by srcrist
bits, not mbits/sec

5 minutes ago, srcrist said:

I've never really tested the limits, but I have 5 to 8 regularly without any issues. Server is an E3 1245v2 and 32GB of ram on a 250mbit connection and media is stored predominately in 20000 mbit/s files or higher. I've been quite happy with it. 

Awesome, what cloud provider are you using?